Thursday, May 31, 2012

Beach Bum

Beach Bum

 

Following my Memorial Day Weekend beach trip, I am definitely missing the sand, waves, and endless cocktails by the pool and being back at work is proving to be very difficult. I thought I'd post some fun beach pieces while also trying out this new 'program' or 'tool,' if you will, that allows me to create boards of pieces that fit a theme or a style that I like. So far I'm really enjoying this new-found program but I know I have a lot to learn! Anyways, back to my beach-inspired pieces! Neon was EVERYWHERE this year at Dewey Beach, Delaware so I've included a neon colour block beach bag. I've written about floppy hats previously so I also included a fun coloured floppy sun hat. This year on my trip, I sported printed crop tops or loose-fitting tanks during the days and then light-weight sweaters during cooler evenings around the beach house. The denim shorts serve as a great staple and when packing for the beach, you want to pack light so denim shorts match with everything. Wedge sandals were popular this year at the beach, and in general, mainly due to their comfort for wearing out to beach clubs. Finally, I found a cool picture of vintage bathing suits. I really like this style of bathing suits and while it is definitely making a comeback this summer (see some of Victoria's Secret's bathing suit styles), I am too chicken to try it...I stuck to my traditional string tie bikinis but hey, Memorial Day Weekend only marks the start of summer and the beach season so hopefully I'll have more opportunities to try the style out!!

Nicola

No comments:

Post a Comment