Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fashionably floppy hats

I never thought that I looked good in hats. Then, last spring I tried a straw fedora and I loved it! I wore it all Memorial Day weekend while at the beach with friends. So for this spring, I was curious to see what the 'new' fashion hat would be.

While floppy straw hats have long served as a popular beach accessory during summer getaways, this spring introduces the wool floppy hat as well as traditional straw hats.

Below is an oversized straw floppy hat by Dolce & Gabbana from Milan fashion week 2012:

floppy hats, milan fashion week, fashion week, accessory trends, oversized accessories

Deena and Ozzy for Urban Outfitters offer an example of a felt floppy hat:


dona-karan-spring-2012
DKNY

A co-worker/good friend of mine recently picked up on my new-found appreciation for floppy hats and bought me this mustard yellow felt wool floppy hat from American Apparel:


I'm in love!! While the material is wool, which is usually associated more so with winter and colder seasons, the yellow gives this hat such a spring-like feel. The floppy style also makes the hat more spring or summer appropriate. I plan to wear this hat early spring (now) until mid to late May, at which point, the wool felt will be too "wintery" of a material for the summer.

Here is American Apparel's straw version of the hat-- perfect for the summer!


American Apparel, Urban Outfitters, and Forever 21 are great places to find reasonably priced floppy hats-- an essential and unique addition to your spring wardrobe!

Nicola

No comments:

Post a Comment