Monday, February 27, 2012

"Who are you wearing?"

Soooo maybe two posts/week was a bit ambitious...I'm trying though!! I've been keeping a little notebook full of ideas to then write about on here...oh and hopefully, my first post on chloe Chic's blog will be published this week (I wrote about NYFW 2012 and how some of Chloe Chic's dresses fit the spring trends). I will post the link on here when that happens.

Anyways, I wanted to briefly talk about the Oscars!! Sunday, February 26 was of course the 84th annual Academy Awards. In past years, I have tuned in to watch the Oscars because I actually saw many of the films i.e. last year, I rooted for the "Kings Speech." This year, however, I had not seen many of the films. Instead, I tuned in so that I could see the FASHION of the Oscars-- what were the celebrities wearing?! But when it comes to the red carpet, the real question is not "what are you wearing?" Rather, it's "WHO are you wearing?"

I will comment on a few of the celebrities who I thought looked truly stunning i.e. I LOVED their dresses!

George Clooney's girlfriend, Stacy Keibler, looked absolutely amazing in a gorgeous gold Marchesa dress:


In fact, Marchesa seemed to be the choice of many celebrities. Sandra Bullock also wore the designer although, I think I prefer Stacy Keibler's dress.


Angelina Jolie struck a pose in Versace with a daring slit. (Please note: her dress is velvet...refer to one of my previous posts!!)


I thought Natalie Portman looked very elegant in a simple red with black polka dots gown by Dior paired perfectly with a dazzling necklace:


Best Supporting Actress winner Octavia Spencer looked gorgeous wearing a white beaded Tadashi Shoji gown:


I really loved Penelope Cruz's periwinkle strapless Giorgio Armani gown. I thought she looked very classic with her hairdo:


And finally (saved the best for last!), Jessica Chastain won "best dressed" on Twitter and I couldn't agree more. Chastain wore a baroque-inspired gown by Alexander McQueen (aka my favourite designer of all time!!)


Certainly no shortage of luxurious, fairytale-like gowns at this year's Oscars...these were just my top picks!!

Nicola

No comments:

Post a Comment